Bilge Selvi, PhD MS
Associate Professor, Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences
Prior to joining TCOP, Dr. Selvi was a scientist of branded and generic drug development. She has had a successful track record of developing branded and generic products with varying complexity and variety of dosage forms from the laboratory to commercialization Her interest/expertise are in dosage form design, application of QbD for formulation & process optimization, scale-up, validation, drug delivery research, finish product filing, bio equivalent studies-IVIVR and project management.
PhD, Long Island University, NY; 2007
MS, Long Island University, NY; 2003
Chemical Engineering, OGU University in TURKEY; 1998
Academic and Professional Honors
- Matrix Work Managers Training: Project Management site training by Kevan Hall.
- Teva Site Debriefing Training: Missing valuable business opportunities by Eli Jaffe.
- Teva Equity Award: Stock options holder.
- SAS Award: JMP software Custom Design of Experiment.
- GLAT Award: Experiencing on pharmaceutical equipment’s.
- VECTOR Award: Completion of hands on school of pharmaceutical process.
- Gastro-Plus Award: Simulation and modeling Training.
- Michalakis Savva, Balasubramanian Sivakumar, Bilge Selvi. The Conventional Langmuir Trough Technique as a Convenient Means to Determine the Solubility of Sparingly Soluble Surface Active Molecules: Case Study Cholesterol. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 4/10/2008.
- Bilge Selvi, Sanjay Patel, Michalakis Savva, Physicochemical Characterization and Membrane Binding Properties of Camptothecin. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 9999, 1-13, 2008.
- Savva, M., Chen, P., Aljaberi, A., Selvi, B., Spelios, M. In vitro lipofection with novel asymmetric series of 1,2- dialkoylamidopropane-based cytofectins containing single bis-(2-dimethylaminoethane) polar head groups. Bioconjugate Chemistry. 16, 1411-1422, 2005.
- Aljaberi, A., Spelios, M., Kearns, M., Selvi, B., Savva, M., Physicochemical properties affecting lipofection potency of a new series of 1,2-dialkoylamidopropane-based cationic lipids. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces. 15, 57(1) 108-117, 2007.
- Development and validation of an in vitro/in vivo correlation of BCS class 1 extended release dosage form. Accepted for poster presentation at the 2009 AAPS annual meeting and exposition, Los Angeles.
- Design of Oral Sustained Release Formulation Using Na-CMC. Accepted for poster presentation at the 2009 AAPS annual meeting and exposition, Los Angeles.
- Camptothecin-loaded PLGA microspheres. Podium Talk at the 2008 CRS annual meeting and exposition, New York.
- Design of Oral Sustained Release Formulation Using Hydrophilic Polymer Na-CMC. Poster at the 2008 CRS annual meeting and exposition, New York.
- Physicochemical Characterization and Membrane Binding Properties of Camptothecin. Poster at the 2007 AAPS annual meeting and exposition, San diego.Solubility enhancement of Mefenamic acid via electrostatic complexation with ethylenediamine-modified hydrophilic polymer PEG. Poster at the 2004 AAPS annual meeting and exposition, Baltimore.