Paramita Basu, PhD, MS
Associate Professor, Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences
In addition to her role as an Assistant Professor in our PBS department, Dr. Basu serves as Chair of the Curriculum Committee
PhD, Biological Sciences
MS, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Cell & molecular biology
Bacterial stress resistance; Antimicrobial resistance mechanisms
Academic and Professional Honors
Internal grant 2011: $5000 – Touro College Faculty Research Fund administered through the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
- Hirshfield, I., Basu, P. and Barua, S. (2007). Overview of Biofilms and Some Key Methods for Their Study. Handbook of Applied Biomedical Microbiology: A Biofilms Approach. CRC Press.
- Basu, P. and Hirshfield, I. Effect of Heat Shock in Survival of E. coli in Acid Stress. (2011). Int J Appl Sci & Tech. 1(6): 21-31.
- Basu, P. (2013). Antibiotic Resistance: The Impact on the Environment and Sustainability. Int J Env Sustainability. 8(3): 117-135.
- Saxena, J., Basu, P., Jaligam, V. and Chandra, S. (2013). Phospate solubilization by a few fungal strains belonging to the genera Aspergillus and Penicillium. Afr J Microbiol Res. 7(41): 4862- 4869.
- Basu, P., Barua, S. and Hirshfield, I. (2014). Overview of Biofilms and Some Key Methods for Their Study. In: Goldman, E., Green L.H. (Ed). Practical Handbook of Microbiology. 2nd Edition. CRC Press; 2014. (Invited book chapter submitted in 2013, revised and accepted in 2014, currently in press).
- Babayeva, M., Fuzailov, M., Rozenfeld, P., and Basu, P. (2014). Marijuana Compounds: A Non-Conventional Therapeutic Approach to Epilepsy in Children. J Addict Neuropharmacol 1: 002-36
Interests/Hobbies/Life Outside of Work
Writing for local magazines and blogs, raising public health awareness, music, theatre, cooking