This academic fellowship is a 12-month program designed to prepare pharmacy professionals interested in a career in academic pharmacy through postgraduate training in program development, teaching, scholarship, and practice.
What you’ll do
The academic fellow will work with administrators and faculty to gain experience in teaching in a variety of classroom settings, precepting APPE students and participating in scholarship. The program also includes opportunities to help design curricula and assess students. In the process the fellow will obtain a teaching certificate.
- Academic Affairs/assessment
- Student Affairs
- Clinical practice (2 hospital rotations + 1 ambulatory care rotation)
- Teaching skills (didactic lecture + skills lab, recitations + precept 2 students on rotations)
- Review/present journal articles
- Attendance at American Association College of Pharmacy (AACP) annual conference and American Society of Health System Pharmacists' (ASHP) Mid-Year Clinical meeting
How to apply
Individuals who have completed a PGY1 pharmacy residency or a PGY-2 specialty residency and are interested in pursuing a career in academia are highly encouraged to apply. Applicants without a PGY-1 residency will be interviewed based on their academic performance/experience. Other requirements include licensure or eligibility for licensure to practice pharmacy in New York State. The 12-month fellowship program will begin July 1, 2017 and end June 30, 2018.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, official pharmacy school transcripts and three letters of recommendation to:
Roopali Sharma, BS, PharmD, AAHIVP, BCPS (AQ-ID)
Associate Professor, Pharmacy Practice
2090 Adam Clayton Powell Jr Blvd, Room 514
New York, NY 10027
Phone: 212-851-1192 ext 42592