Faculty Bid Farewell to the TCOP Class of 2016
Some parting words, and advice, from the TCOP faculty to the new graduates.
May 26, 2016
In a farewell message to the Touro College of Pharmacy graduates of 2016, the faculty at TCOP share some reminders and advice, such as…
- Reach out to peers, colleagues, and friends for questions during your first job—they’ve been there and should be able to help
- Your advice is going to be valued by other professionals, the patient, as well as the patients’ family
- Keep up with medication guidelines by signing up for listservs
- When interacting with patients, put aside technical jargon
- If you need to go back to school to complete a residency or fellowship, it’s always worthwhile to take one step back in order to take two steps forward
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to ensure that you optimize delivery of care to your patients
- And lastly (but certainly not least): Always remember that you are equipped to excel!