Feng-Hua (Ellen) Loh, BSPharm, MBA, PhD
Department of Social, Behavioral and Administrative Sciences
Touro College of Pharmacy
- University of Maryland Baltimore, PhD, MD: 2016
- University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, MBA, PA; 2006
- National Taiwan University, BS, Taiwan; 2004
Honors and Awards
- 2020 – Faculty Research Award, TCOP
- 2014 Student Poster Fellowship, Drug Information Association (DIA) 50th Annual Meeting
- 2014 Travel Fellowship, Graduate Student Association, University of Maryland Baltimore
- 2014 Travel Award, Department of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research, University of Maryland Baltimore
- 2009-present The Rho Chi Society
- Medication use, adherence, and outcomes in the Medicare population with chronic diseases
- Medicare Part D policy such as MTM and benefit design
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Stuart B., Timmons V., Loh F.E., Dai M., Xu J. Can One or Two Simple Questions Predict Poor Medication Adherence? Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. In press. (corresponding author)
- Petrenchik L., Loh F.E. Factors Affecting Non-Insulin Antidiabetic Drug Adherence in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes: A Systematic Review. Current Research in Diabetes and Obesity Journal. 2020;12(5):555848.
- Loh F.E., Stuart B., Davidoff A., Sturpe D., Onukwugha E., Hochberg M. Differences in Evidence-Based Osteoporosis Medication Use between Elderly Men and Women Enrolled in Medicare Part D. Journal of Pharmaceutical Health Service Research. 2019;10(2):187-196.
- Loh F.E., Stuart B., Sturpe D., Davidoff A., Onukwugha E., Hochberg M. Osteoporosis Medication Use: A Comparison of Elderly Female Living in Long-Term Care Facilities vs. Community Dwellers. The Senior Care Pharmacist. 2019;34(2):109-26.
- Yang W., Dall T.M., Tan E., Byrne E., Iacobucci W., Chakrabarti R., Loh F.E. Diabetes Diagnosis and Management among Insured Adults across Metropolitan Areas in the U.S. Preventive Medicine Reports. 2018;10:227-33.
- Chou J., Brandt N., Loh F.E., Stuart B. “Do Restriction on Antipsychotic Use Differ Between Medicare Part D Stand-Alone versus Medicare Advantage Plans?” The Consultant Pharmacist. 2017;32(2):109-18.
- Stuart B., Shen X., Quinn C., Brandt N., Roberto P., Loh F.E., Hendrick F., Kim C., Huang X., Rajpathak S. “Proximal Predictors of Discontinuance with Oral Antidiabetic Agents among the Elderly.” Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy. 2016;22(9):1019-27.
- Tan E., Yang G., Pang B., Dai M., Loh F.E., Hogan P. “Geographic Variation in Antidiabetic Agent Adherence and Glycemic Control among Patients with Type 2 Diabetes.” Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy 2015;21(12):1195-202.
- Stuart B., Dai M., Xu J., Loh F.E., Shoemaker J.S. “Does Good Medication Adherence Really Save Payers Money?” Medical Care. 2015;53(6):517-23.
- Loh F.E., Stuart B., Zuckerman I.H. “Treatment Patterns for Osteoporosis in Elderly Women Residing in the Community and Long-Term Care Facilities Enrolled in Medicare.” Journal of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research. 2015;6(1):19-26.
- Stuart B., Loh F.E., Roberto P.N., Miller L. “Incident User Cohorts to Assessing Medication Cost-Offsets.” Health Services Research. 2014;49(4):1364-86.
- Stuart B., Loh F.E., Magder L., Shaffer T., Park J., Zacker C. “Anticipating Changes in Drug Coverage: How Elderly Heart Failure Patients Respond to Medicare Part D Benefit Phases.” Journal of Pharmaceutical Care and Health Systems. 2014;1(1):104.
- Stuart B., Loh F.E., Miller L., Roberto P.N. “Should Eligibility for Medication Therapy Management Be Based on Drug Adherence?” Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy. 2014;20(1):66-75.
- Stuart B., Loh F.E., Roberto P.N., Miller L. “Increasing Medicare Part D Enrollment in Medication Therapy Management Could Improve Health and Lower Costs.” Health Affairs. 2013;32(7):1212-20.
- Onukwugha E., Saunders E., Mullins C.D. Pradel F.G., Zuckerman M., Loh F.E., Weir M.R. “A Qualitative Study to Identify Reasons for Discharges against Medical Advice in the Cardiovascular Setting.” BMJ Open. 2012;2(4):e000902.
- Stuart B., Loh F.E. “Medicare Part D Enrollees’ Use of Out-of-Plan Discounted Generic Drugs.” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2012;60(2):387-8.
- Onukwugha E., Mullins C.D., Loh F.E., Saunders E., Shaya F.T., Weir M.R. “Readmissions after Unauthorized Discharges in the Cardiovascular Setting.” Medical Care. 2011;49(2):215-24.
- Wertheimer A.I., Loh E.F. “Making Pharmaceuticals Affordable in Lesser Developed Countries: A Public Health Role for the Pharmacist.” Journal of Public Health Pharmacy. 2008;1(1):3-15.
Non Peer Reviewed Publications
- Stuart B., Loh F.E., Xu J., Roberto P.N., Shoemaker J.S. “Medication Utilization Patterns and Outcomes among Part D Enrollees with Common Chronic Diseases.” PhRMA, Washington, DC, 2014. http://www.pharmacy.umaryland.edu/centers/lamy/pdf/Part_D_Chartbook_Final_2014.pdf
- Loh F.E. “The Financial and Economic Aspects of Counterfeit Medicines.” In Counterfeit Medicines Volume 1: Policy, Economics and Countermeasures. Ed. Albert I. Wertheimer and Perry G. Wang. ILM Publications, Hertfordshire, UK, 2012.
- Loh F. Book Review of “Drugs for Less: The Complete Guide to Free and Discounted Prescription Drugs, Featuring More Than 600 of The Most Commonly Prescribed Medications”, by Michael P. Cecil, MD. New York: Hatherleigh Press, 2005. Journal of Pharmaceutical Finance, Economics and Policy. 2007;15(2):121-23.
Letter to Editor
- Stuart B., Loh F.E. “Response Letter to Jonathan Harding.” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2013;61(2):310.
- Wertheimer A.I., Loh E.F. “Getting Value from End-of-Life-Cycle Pharmaceuticals.” Pharmaceutical Commerce. 2009;4(9).
- Wertheimer A.I., Loh E.F., Poli L.G. “Lifecycle: End Game.” Pharmaceutical Executive. 2007;27(10).
- Wertheimer A.I., Loh F. “Getting Better?” Pharmaceutical Executive. 2006;26(8):72-84.
- SBAN 540: Drug Information and Literature Evaluation
- SBAN 630: Principles of Management, Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research