Paramita Basu, PhD, MS
Department of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences
Touro College of Pharmacy
- Cell & molecular biology
- PhD, Biological Sciences, St. John's University, NY 2008
- MSBiological Sciences St. John's University, NY 2003
- MTech, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Jadavpur University, India, 2001
In addition to her role as an Associate Professor in our PBS department, Dr. Basu serves as Chair of the Curriculum Committee.
Honors and Awards
Internal grant 2011: $5000 – Touro College Faculty Research Fund administered through the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
- Bacterial stress resistance; Antimicrobial resistance mechanisms
- Hirshfield, I., Basu, P. and Barua, S. (2007). Overview of Biofilms and Some Key Methods for Their Study. Handbook of Applied Biomedical Microbiology: A Biofilms Approach. CRC Press.
- Basu, P. and Hirshfield, I. Effect of Heat Shock in Survival of E. coli in Acid Stress. (2011). Int J Appl Sci & Tech. 1(6): 21-31.
- Basu, P. (2013). Antibiotic Resistance: The Impact on the Environment and Sustainability. Int J Env Sustainability. 8(3): 117-135.
- Saxena, J., Basu, P., Jaligam, V. and Chandra, S. (2013). Phospate solubilization by a few fungal strains belonging to the genera Aspergillus and Penicillium. Afr J Microbiol Res. 7(41): 4862- 4869.
- Basu, P., Barua, S. and Hirshfield, I. (2014). Overview of Biofilms and Some Key Methods for Their Study. In: Goldman, E., Green L.H. (Ed). Practical Handbook of Microbiology. 2nd Edition. CRC Press; 2014. (Invited book chapter submitted in 2013, revised and accepted in 2014, currently in press).
- Babayeva, M., Fuzailov, M., Rozenfeld, P., and Basu, P. (2014). Marijuana Compounds: A Non-Conventional Therapeutic Approach to Epilepsy in Children. J Addict Neuropharmacol 1: 002-36
Physiology, pathophysiology, microbiology, cell & molecular biology, biotechnology, research methods