Roopali Sharma, PharmD, AAHIVP, BCPS (AQ-ID)
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Touro College of Pharmacy
Dr. Roopali Sharma was an Associate Professor at the Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences of Long Island University in Brooklyn, New York for 22 years before coming to Touro College of Pharmacy. She was also a clinical pharmacist in Infectious Diseases at SUNY Downstate Medical Center and was a PGY-2 Pharmacy Residency Program Director in Infectious Diseases. She still holds an appointment as an Adjunct Associate Professor at SUNY College of Medicine. Dr. Sharma is also credentialed with the American Academy of HIV Medicine as an HIV Pharmacist
- Infectious Diseases and HIV
- BS, University of Rhode Island
- PharmD, St. John’s University College of Pharmacy
- Residency, University of Illinois at Chicago
Honors and Awards
- The Infectious Diseases Pharmacy Research Award, NYSCHP Research and Education Foundation, 2014 and 2013
- The HIV Pharmacy Research Award, NYSCHP Research and Education Foundation, 2012
- Award for Volunteer Recognition, Association pour le Development de Fort-Liberte et de ses Environ, NOAH-NY 2012
- Recognition Award for Excellence in Pharmacy Services, The University Hospital of Brooklyn2010
- Sandoz Research Award, St. John’s University College of Pharmacy 1992
- Arafat S, Campbell T, Yusuff J, Sharma R (2018) Prevalence of and Risk Factors for Prediabetes in Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infected Patients. Diabetes Spectrum. 2018 May; 31(2): 139-143.https://doi.org/10.2337/ds17-0009
- Cani E, Moussavi F, Sharma R, Eilerston B(2018) Carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae vertebral osteomyelitis in a renal transplant recipient treated with ceftazidime-avibactam. Transplant Infectious Diseases. Apr;20(2):e12837. doi: 10.1111/tid.12837. Epub 2018 Feb 19.
- Kim E, KC S, Sharma R (2018) Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Pharmacy Times. JANUARY 23, 2018
- Moy S, Sharma R. Treatment Outcomes in Infections Caused by "SPICE" (Serratia, Pseudomonas, Indole-Positive Proteus, Citrobacter, and Enterobacter) Organisms: Carbapenem Versus Noncarbapenem Regimens. Clin Ther 39 (1), 170-176. 2016 Dec 26.
- Arun A, Swamy S, Sharma R, Hammerschlag M. Evaluation of clinical outcome in children and adolescents receiving vancomycin for invasive infections due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: impact of increasing vancomycin MICs. Minerva Pediatrica. 2016 Dec 22.
- Natalie Banniettis N, Sharma R, Hand I, Peloquin C, Kohlhoff S, Hammerschlag M. Steady-state pharmacokinetics of oral linezolid suspension in a premature infant with osteomyelitis. J Antimicrob Chemother (2016) 71 (6): 1738.
- Swamy S, Sharma R. Duration of treatment of gram -negative bacteremia: are shorter courses of antimicrobial therapy feasible? Infectious Disease in Clinical Practice. 2016:24:155-160..
- Sharma R, Park T, Moy S. Cetazidime/Avibactam. Clinical Therapeutics. 2016:38:431-444.
- Park T, Mohamed A, Kalabalik J, Sharma R. Integrase strand transfer inhibitors for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus infection. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2015 9:1-18.
- Park T. Yusuff J, Sharma R. Use of aspirin and statins for the primary prevention of myocardial infarction and stroke in patients with HIV infection. Int J of STD & AIDS. 2015 May:0: 1-6.
- Dixit D, Patel R, Sharma R. The role of tigecycline in the treatment of infections in light of the new black box warning. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2014 Apr 6; 12(4): 397-400.
- PHRN 688 –Advanced Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics IV