The TCOP Assurance: We’ll do an exceptional job of preparing you to pursue any field in pharmacy that you wish to pursue.
- Experiential Education: it’s the heart of our PharmD program. Experience is crucial in the field, that’s why TCOP offers more than most other colleges of pharmacy.
- Learn in the classroom: from experienced and engaged professors who are board-certified practitioners in the field – they are current, they are connected, and they are supportive – our faculty to student ratio is 8:1.
- Learn on campus: our unique New York City campus features fully equipped labs, a modern library, a deep and broad collection of works largely available online, and ample study rooms.
- Learn in the field: complete NINE different pharmacy rotations under the supervision of faculty mentors and professional healthcare providers at top sites in the NYC metropolitan area, gaining incomparable experience serving a diverse community.
- Requirements: Applicants are required to complete just 67 pre-pharmacy college credits from a fully accredited college.
- Beyond PharmD: Our collaborative degree program offers the chance to earn both a PharmD and Master of Public Health (MPH) degree in 5 years, or 4 years on our accelerated track.
The public health pharmacist can be involved in advanced pharmacy practice, health policy development, emergency and humanitarian response, and much more – offering greater flexibility within the pharmacy job market.
The MPH courses are offered online. 19 of your PharmD credits count towards the MPH degree, and the additional 24 credits can be taken simultaneously with the PharmD curriculum. When this starts depends on the track chosen.
- Success: Our PharmD graduates have excellent learning outcomes and a 99% employment rate. Our students have the top NAPLEX first-time pass rates in the city, 87% (vs 65% for other NYC programs), and higher than the state (79%) and national (83-84%) averages. We owe this to our reputation for rigorous coursework, extensive practical experience and a mentor-mentee relationship with our faculty.
But don’t just read about us here, come see for yourself!