Admissions & Aid
You will apply to our program through PharmCAS, but first review our admissions requirements and application instructions.
Priority Deadline is November 1
You can begin your application on July 14. Apply by November 1st and your application review will be expedited, you will be offered a priority interview date and a quick admissions decision turnaround.
Additional perks for November 1st applicants if admitted:
- Transportation allocation of $1,000 for the 2022-2023 academic year in the form of tuition remission.
- Priority deadline tuition discount of $3,000 for the 2022-2023 academic year in the form of tuition remission.
- Eligibility for other scholarships in the form of tuition remission.
The final application deadline is June 1
You can begin your application on July 14, and must submit your application before June 1. Admissions are on a rolling basis until the class is full, so we recommend getting your application in early.
We encourage you to come visit our campus and speak to us in person. Information Sessions are held on a monthly basis throughout the year. We'll go over academic and campus life at Touro College of Pharmacy, admissions requirements, the admissions and financial aid processes, and a current student will take you around on a campus tour.
If you’re attending an institution with which we have a linkage agreement, meet with your advisor to make sure you’re following their PharmD track.
International students and US citizens with degrees from foreign institutions should review our guidelines for International Students to ensure they meet all requirements.
If you need reasonable accommodations, please reach out to the Office of Student Disability Services.
In order to apply you'll need:
Preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75. But to give you an idea of our applicants, the average cumulative GPA for the 2019 admissions cycle was 3.24, and the average science GPA for the 2019 admissions cycle was 3.0.
Required Prerequisite Courses
A bachelor’s degree is preferred. But whether you apply with a bachelor’s degree, or not, you will need to have completed a minimum of 67* credits of specific prerequisite coursework from a fully accredited college, with a grade of “C” or better within the last ten years. The required prerequisites are:
- Biology with lab (8 credits)
- General chemistry with lab (8 credits)
- Organic chemistry with lab (8 credits)
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits)
- Human anatomy with lab AND Physiology with lab (Each 4 credits, total 8 credits) OR Anatomy and Physiology I and II, each with lab (Each 4 credits, total 8 credits)
- Physics with lab (4 credits)
- Biochemistry (3 credits)
- Calculus (3 credits)
- Economics (micro, macro or general accepted) (3 credits)*
- English Composition (3 credits)
- English Oral Communication/Public Speaking/Speech (3 credits)
- Humanities (6 credits of English Literature/History, Philosophy, Ethics)
- Social/Behavioral Science (6 credits of Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology)
*We will accept these additional courses to fulfill our economics requirement:
Principles of Business Management, Principles of Marketing, E-commerce, Principles of Finance, Multinational Management, Introduction to Marketing, Entrepreneurship, International Business, Managerial Finance, Operations Management, Accounting
- Statistics with Biostatistics Preferred
- Computer Science
*Students who wish to apply for graduate financial aid must have earned a minimum of 72 undergraduate credits prior to matriculation.
Candidates are required to submit three letters of recommendation:
- One from a healthcare professional
- One from a science professor from whom you earned a grade
- One from another professor, employer, supervisor or similar individual
We do not accept letters from family members, co-workers or friends.
Pharmacy College Admission Test / PCAT (Recommended)
While we do not require the PCAT exam, we strongly recommend you take it. Scores are valid only if the test was taken within the last two years (e.g., for Fall 2022 not before July 2020).
Volunteer or work experience (Recommended)
We recommend you have volunteer or work hours in a pharmacy, public health, or health care setting before applying.
Once you meet our admissions requirements and have all the necessary materials gathered, you will need to apply through PharmCAS.
Interested candidates should use the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) to submit their primary application. We only accept primary applications sent through the PharmCAS system.
Please make sure:
- Official scores are sent directly to PharmCAS
- You have reviewed and meet our admissions requirements
- You include a completed application, letters of recommendation, transcripts, personal statement, and a TOEFL score as need, in your PharmCAS application.
- Your application is submitted well in advance, so we have a verified copy of your application from PharmCAS before the June 15 verification deadline.
Once received and verified as complete, your application will be accessible to the Office of Admissions for further review. We will email you a confirmation once we have received your verified application.
TCOP will invite qualified candidates for an interview. You must be interviewed prior to acceptance. Interviews are conducted October to June.
Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis, each month from October through June.
Accepted Students Checklist
First, congratulations! All offers of admission are conditional and the conditions are outlined in your offer of admission. Failure to complete any admission requirements may result in admission revocation. Here’s what you’ll need to take care of to get started as a student pharmacist at TCOP:
To reserve your seat at our college, and to hold any scholarships offered to you, payment of your non-refundable deposit must be made within the timeframe noted in your offer letter. This payment will be applied to your tuition when you matriculate.
You will hear from Certiphi, the company who will be performing your background check. This must be completed within 30 days of your acceptance of our offer.
Immunization and Health Documents
You will receive an email from MyRecordTracker directing you to upload your health and immunization records within 30 days of your deposit. In order to be registered for classes you are required to submit proof of 2 doses of MMR or immunity as well as proof of meningitis vaccination within the last 5 years or provide a signed waiver. The balance of the immunizations and health documents are due before the start of class but no later than December 20th of the fall semester of your P1 year. Students who fail to submit the balance of the documents may compromise their ability to participate in their Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience (IPPE) in the summer following their P1 year.
Outstanding Prerequisite Coursework
Our four-year pharmacy program follows the completion of the required pre-pharmacy courses. Please be aware that if you receive grades below a C in any prerequisite courses, or if you fail to complete all prerequisites as listed on our website, we reserve the right to rescind your offer of admission. While you have been notified which requirements still need to be completed, please contact us if you are unsure what courses you have not yet satisfied.
A minimum of three letters must be submitted through PharmCAS as detailed in our admissions requirements. If you have not submitted all three of them, you must do so.
We will download original transcripts from PharmCAS for all previously completed coursework. For any coursework completed after PharmCAS has received your initial transcript/s, you must arrange for the balance of your official transcripts to be emailed from your college directly to the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or mailed to:
Touro College of Pharmacy
Office of Admissions
230 West 125th Street, Suite 528
New York, New York 10027
Activate Your Student Email
In late spring, prior to matriculation, you will begin receiving emails to your Touro email. Faculty, Bursar, Registrar, Financial Aid and your Faculty Advisor will be using your Touro email to reach out to you. Please reply to their emails and take the time to get to know them. They will be an important resource to you during your four years at TCOP and beyond.
All new users need to click the “Student Email” link within the TouroOne portal and activate your student email account first. Once activated, you can set up the email account on your phone or computer. Please make it a habit to check that email account.
New and continuing students have to apply for financial aid every year. Luckily, we make it simple. In order to allow our team to prepare your aid package, please complete the FAFSA as soon as possible to ensure financial aid is processed in a timely manner. You can find contact information and how to apply in the financial aid section of the website.
If your immunization records (MMR and Meningitis) are complete and you have received verification stating so, the Office of the Registrar will register you for fall classes. This will occur in July.
Once you have been registered for class, you will be notified and be able to view your schedule in the TouroOne portal.
All students are required to show proof of health insurance coverage. A separate request from our Office of Student Affairs or HSAC, our insurance verifier, will be sent closer to matriculation requesting proof of health insurance. If you do not have health insurance, you may purchase it directly from HSAC or any benefits organization of your choosing. If you have questions about health insurance coverage please contact Ms. Jamillah Salters, Director, Student Affairs.
All students will be required to attend a mandatory New Student Orientation before classes start. All dates are on the Academic Calendar.
Class Shirt Size
Please email admissions with your T-shirt size (XS is not available) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Prep for Your First Year
Immediately prior to New Student Orientation, you will be asked to complete online training for FERPA, HIPAA, OSHA, and ADA.
All students are required to become certified in CPR which will take place during orientation week of your P1 year.
It is preferred that students certify with the college, because prior certification will not be in sync in terms of the recertification process. If a student chooses to opt out of the training, then it is his/her responsibility to recertify on their own in a timely fashion. If you opt out of the training, during orientation week, you must provide proof of prior certification to the Office of Student Affairs.
White Coat Ceremony
This momentous occasion takes place during the first semester of your P1 year. Date and time for your white coat ceremony will be announced closer to the start of classes.
All admitted students must read and sign that they have fully reviewed the TCOP Catalog and will adhere to all policies while enrolled in the College of Pharmacy.
Students who have a student visa and require an I-20 must contact Ms. Lita Cabezas, our International Admissions Coordinator at 212-463-0400 ext. 55644 or via email at email@example.com
As discussed on your interview day, all students must have a laptop or appropriate tablet as all exams are administered on ExamSoft.
Please see the requirements below:
- Operating System: 32-bit and 64-bit Versions of Windows 10.
- Alternate versions of Windows 10, such as Windows RT and Windows 10 S, are NOT supported at this time.
- Only genuine, U.S.-English versions of Windows Operating Systems are supported.
- ExamSoft does not support Tablet devices other than Surface Pro as detailed below
- CPU Processor: 2.0 GHz Intel i3 processor or equivalent
- RAM: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: highest recommended for the operating system or 1GB of available space.
- For onsite support, and in order to back up the answer files to USB, a working USB port is required (Newer devices may require an adapter)
- For technical troubleshooting, account passwords, including BitLocker keys, may be required.
- Internet connection for Download, Registration, Exam Download and Upload.
- Examplify cannot be run within virtualized environments or environments that require persistent network (local or otherwise) connections during secure exams. This includes, but is not limited to, VMWare, Parallels, Citrix workspace, Virtual Disks, Streamed images, etc.
- Screen Resolution should be at least 1024x768 or higher.
- Administrator level account permissions
- Surface laptops that come with non-detachable keyboards are permitted. Non-Pro Surface devices are not supported.
- MacOS Catalina (version 10.15.7) is only compatible with Examplify version 2.0.6 or higher (Released on 10/14/19 or later)
- MacOS Big Sur (version 11.0) is only compatible with Examplify version 2.5 or higher (Released on 11/13/20 or later)
- Supported operating systems: OS X 10.14.6 (Mojave), macOS Catalina (10.15.7), macOS Big Sur (11.0). Only genuine versions of Mac operating systems are supported.
- CPU: Intel processor. Devices using Apple’s M1 processor and Apple Rosetta 2 are supported on Examplify version 2.6 and higher.
- RAM: 4GB or higher.
- Hard Drive: 4GB or higher available space.
- For on-site support, and in order to back-up the answer files to a USB drive, a working USB port is required (Newer devices may require an adaptor).
- Administrator level account permissions
- Server version of Mac OS X is not supported.
Note: Examplify cannot be run within virtualized environments or environments that require persistent network (local or otherwise) connections during secure exams. This includes, but is not limited to, VMWare, Parallels, Citrix workspace, Virtual Disks, Streamed images, etc.
- Hardware Requirements = iPad 5+, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2+, iPad Pro
- Operating System = iOS 11, iOS 12, and iPadOS 13 (Only genuine versions of iOS are supported)
- 500 MB of free space required to commence an exam
- iPad must not be Jailbroken
- Internet connection for Download, Registration, Exam Download and Upload.
The following requirements apply for exams with ExamID or ExamMonitor enabled:
- Examplify version 4.1 or greater
- Hard drive: 2GB or higher available space
- Internet: 2.5 Mpbs upload speed