Amy Wang, PharmD, MBA, BCPS
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Touro College of Pharmacy
- Cardiology, anticoagulation, antiarrhythmics
- Clinical Pharmacist, Cardiology at Mt. Sinai St. Luke’s Hospital
- PharmD, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 2006
- Master of Business Administration, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 2006
- Post-Graduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Practice Residency, St. John’s Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan
- Post-Graduate Year Two (PGY2) Critical Care Residency, New York Methodist Hospital, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Wang graduated from the University of Kentucky with dual degrees of Doctor of Pharmacy and Master of Business Administration. After working for one year as a pharmacist at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, she pursued further clinical training by completing a PGY1 and PGY2.
Prior to joining the Touro College of Pharmacy, Dr. Wang had 8 years of teaching and researching experience at the LIU Pharmacy (Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Science). She had extensive experience in syllabi development, curricular assessment, and academic remediation. Currently, Dr. Wang serves as an Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice at the Touro College of Pharmacy. Her practice site is the Mt. Sinai St. Luke's Hospital, where she maintains an active practice in Cardiology, Critical Care, and anticoagulation. She is a board certified pharmacotherapy specialist, and her research interests include optimal dosing of diuretics in heart failure and anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation.
- Optimal dose of furosemide in heart failure exacerbation
- Efficacy of lower dose apixaban in atrial fibrillation
- Wang A, Saini A, Hyder N. Association between Obesity and Cardiovascular Disease: Is There One? [Editorial] J Dev Drugs 2017; 6: e153. doi: 10.4172/2329-6631.1000e153
- Wang A. Ivabradine for the Management of Chronic Stable Angina: Should it be considered? [Editorial] J Dev Drugs 2016; 5: e149. DOI: 10.4172/2329-6631.1000e149
- Wang A. Edoxaban for the Prevention of Stroke in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation [Editorial]. J Dev Drugs 2016; 5: e148. DOI: 10.4172/2329-6631.1000e148.
- Wang A, Elshehadeh R, Rao D, Yap E, Lee A, Mossobir F, Yu J, Braaton K, Nguyen T. Roles of Aldosterone Receptor Antagonists in Heart Failure, Hypertension, and Chronic Kidney Disease. J Nurse Pract 2016; 12(3): 201-206.
- Wang A. Review of vorapaxar for the prevention of atherothrombotic events. Expert Opin Pharmacother 2015; 16(16): 2509-22.
- Chen S, Khusial T, Patel D, Singh S, Yakubova T, Wang A, PharmD, Nguyen T. Digoxin Use in Modern Medicine. US Pharmacist 2015; 40(2): 44-48.
- Wang A, Lella LK, Brener S. Efficacy and Safety of Prasugrel Compared to Clopidogrel for Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Am J Thera 2014 Jun 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wang A. Cangrelor: A New Kind of Antiplatelet Therapy [Editorial]. J Develop Drugs 2013; 2: e131.
- Nguyen T, Wang A. New Anticoagulation Medications for Atrial Fibrillation [Editorial].
J Dev Drugs 2013; 2: e123.
- Wang A. Efficacy of class III antiarrhythmics and magnesium combination therapy for atrial fibrillation. Pharm Practice 2012; 10(2): 65-71.
- Nguyen T, Wang A. Hyperphosphatemia: Consequences and Management Strategies. J Nurse Pract 2012; 8: 56-60.
- Nguyen T, Wang A, Kim S. The Roles of Intravenous Iron Therapy in Various Patient Settings – Practical Information for Practitioners. J Pharm Technol 2010; 26: 285-292.
- Abraham T, Saad N, Vastey F, Balmir E, Wang A. Drug Use Evaluation of Protamine and Phytonadione: Are the Doses Appropriate? Pharmacotherapy 2009; 29: 92e.
- Evaluation of Apixaban Dose Reductions Deviating From Standard Criteria, Liu F, Wang A., 51st ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition
- Medication Use Evaluation of Dabigatran, Yuen M, Oh E, Wang A., 46th ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition
Continuing Education presentations:
- “Updates in the Management of Acute Coronary Syndrome” (ACPE accredited CE)
- “Management of Heart Failure in the Community Setting” (ACPE accredited CE), Pakistani American Pharmaceutical Association Annual Meeting
- “Updates on the Management of Acute Coronary Syndrome” (ACPE accredited CE), New Jersey Pharmacist Association Regional I Meeting
- “Prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis” (ACPE accredited CE), New Jersey Pharmacist Association March Madness Meeting
- “Updates on the Management of Acute Coronary Syndrome” (ACPE accredited CE)
- “Medication Errors Associated with Anticoagulation Therapy” (ACPE accredited CE)
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Developing Drugs
- Journal Reviewer, Journal of Pharmacy Practice
- Journal Reviewer, Hospital Pharmacy
- Journal Reviewer, American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs
- Journal Reviewer, Annals of Pharmacotherapy