Amy Wang, PharmD, MBA, BCPS
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Touro College of Pharmacy
- 212-851-1192 Ext. 42502
- 2090 Adam Clayton Powell Junior Boulevard, Suite 603F
Dr. Wang graduated from the University of Kentucky with dual degrees of Doctor of Pharmacy and Master of Business Administration. After working for one year as a pharmacist at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, she pursued further clinical training by completing a PGY1 and PGY2.
Prior to joining the Touro College of Pharmacy, Dr. Wang had 8 years of teaching and researching experience at the LIU Pharmacy (Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Science). She had extensive experience in syllabi development, curricular assessment, and academic remediation. Currently, Dr. Wang serves as an Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Chair of the Assessment Committee at the Touro College of Pharmacy. She also serves as the course and recitation coordinator for the PHPN 682 Pharmacotherapeutics II course, and teaches pharmacotherapy of cardiovascular diseases, pharmacokinetics of antiarrhythmics and physical assessment of the cardiovascular system.
Her practice site is the Mt. Sinai Morningside Hospital, where she maintains an active practice in Cardiology, Critical Care, and anticoagulation. She is a board-certified pharmacotherapy specialist, and her research interests include optimal dosing of diuretics in heart failure, optimal use of cangrelor in the cath lab, and the impact of real life legislative visits on students’ advocacy skills.
- Cardiology, anticoagulation, antiarrhythmics
- Clinical Pharmacist, Cardiology at Mt. Sinai Morningside Hospital
- PharmD, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 2006
- Master of Business Administration, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 2006
- Post-Graduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Practice Residency, Ascension St. John’s Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
- Post-Graduate Year Two (PGY2) Critical Care Residency, New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- Optimal dose of furosemide in heart failure exacerbation
- Efficacy of lower dose apixaban in atrial fibrillation
- Impact of real life legislative visits on Pharmacy students’ advocacy skills
- Cohen H, Wang Z, Todorov D, Wassner C, and Friedman M. Drugs Affecting Circulation: Antihypertensives, Antianginals, Antithrombotics. In: Rau’s Respiratory Care Pharmacology, 10th Edition.
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Nguyen T, Wang Z. Beta-Blocker Use in Cocaine Users: Is the Contraindication Real? [ACPE accredited CE article] NJ Journal of Pharmacy, Winter 2022.
- Nguyen T, Wang Z. Beta-Blocker Use in Cocaine Users: Is the Contraindication Real? NJ Journal of Pharmacy, Spring 2021.
- Walker C, Deb S, Ling H, Wang Z. Assessing the Elevation of Cardiac Biomarkers and the Severity of COVID-19 Infection: A Meta-analysis. Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences 2020: 23; 396-405. https://doi.org/10.18433/jpps3150
- Nguyen T, Wong E, Wang Z, Goldberg T. SOAP Notes during APPEs: Assessment of Student Performance. J Pharm Pract 2021; 34(4): 665-8. Article first published online: November 6, 2019; Issue published: August 1, 2021.
- Nguyen T, Wang Z. Cardiovascular screening and early detection in chronic kidney disease . J Nurse Pract 2019; 15 (1): 34-40.
- Le C, Gennaro D, Marshall D, Alaev O, Bryan A, Gelfman A, Wang Z. Lemierre’s Syndrome: One Rare Disease-Two Cases. J Clin Pharmacy Thera 2018 Nov; https://doi.org/10.1111/jcpt.12774.
- Wang A, Saini A, Hyder N. Association between Obesity and Cardiovascular Disease: Is There One? [Editorial] J Dev Drugs 2017; 6: e153. doi: 10.4172/2329-6631.1000e153
- Wang A. Ivabradine for the Management of Chronic Stable Angina: Should it be considered? [Editorial] J Dev Drugs 2016; 5: e149. DOI: 10.4172/2329-6631.1000e149
- Wang A. Edoxaban for the Prevention of Stroke in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation [Editorial]. J Dev Drugs 2016; 5: e148. DOI: 10.4172/2329-6631.1000e148.
- Wang A, Elshehadeh R, Rao D, Yap E, Lee A, Mossobir F, Yu J, Braaton K, Nguyen T. Roles of Aldosterone Receptor Antagonists in Heart Failure, Hypertension, and Chronic Kidney Disease. J Nurse Pract 2016; 12(3): 201-206.
- Wang A. Review of vorapaxar for the prevention of atherothrombotic events. Expert Opin Pharmacother 2015; 16(16): 2509-22.
- Chen S, Khusial T, Patel D, Singh S, Yakubova T, Wang A, PharmD, Nguyen T. Digoxin Use in Modern Medicine. US Pharmacist 2015; 40(2): 44-48.
- Wang A, Lella LK, Brener S. Efficacy and Safety of Prasugrel Compared to Clopidogrel for Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Am J Thera 2014 Jun 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wang A. Cangrelor: A New Kind of Antiplatelet Therapy [Editorial]. J Develop Drugs 2013; 2: e131.
- Nguyen T, Wang A. New Anticoagulation Medications for Atrial Fibrillation [Editorial].
J Dev Drugs 2013; 2: e123.
- Wang A. Efficacy of class III antiarrhythmics and magnesium combination therapy for atrial fibrillation. Pharm Practice 2012; 10(2): 65-71.
- Nguyen T, Wang A. Hyperphosphatemia: Consequences and Management Strategies. J Nurse Pract 2012; 8: 56-60.
- Nguyen T, Wang A, Kim S. The Roles of Intravenous Iron Therapy in Various Patient Settings – Practical Information for Practitioners. J Pharm Technol 2010; 26: 285-292.
- Abraham T, Saad N, Vastey F, Balmir E, Wang A. Drug Use Evaluation of Protamine and Phytonadione: Are the Doses Appropriate? Pharmacotherapy 2009; 29: 92e.
- Evaluation of Apixaban Dose Reductions Deviating From Standard Criteria, Liu F, Wang A., 51st ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition
- Medication Use Evaluation of Dabigatran, Yuen M, Oh E, Wang A., 46th ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition
Continuing Education presentations:
- “Are You Okay? Can You Hear Me? Practical Tips for the Management of Cardiac Arrest during COVID-19 Pandemic” (ACPE accredited CE)
- “Sir, Sir, Are You Okay? Practical Tips for Management of Cardiac Arrest” (ACPE accredited CE)
- “Updates in the Management of Acute Coronary Syndrome” (ACPE accredited CE)
- “Management of Heart Failure in the Community Setting” (ACPE accredited CE), Pakistani American Pharmaceutical Association Annual Meeting
- “Updates on the Management of Acute Coronary Syndrome” (ACPE accredited CE), New Jersey Pharmacist Association Regional I Meeting
- “Prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis” (ACPE accredited CE), New Jersey Pharmacist Association March Madness Meeting
- “Updates on the Management of Acute Coronary Syndrome” (ACPE accredited CE)
- “Medication Errors Associated with Anticoagulation Therapy” (ACPE accredited CE)
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Developing Drugs
- Journal Reviewer, Journal of Pharmacy Practice
- Journal Reviewer, Hospital Pharmacy
- Journal Reviewer, American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs
- Journal Reviewer, Annals of Pharmacotherapy