Pre-PharmD Summer Boot Camp for College Students
Program Dates: Tuesday, May 28- Thursday, May 30, 2024
Experience Pharmacy Careers Firsthand: Are you a college freshman or a sophomore? Want to experience pharmacy careers firsthand and learn about different career pathways in pharmacy beyond the retail counter?
Are you interested or thinking about applying to pharmacy school?
The FREE Pharmacy Summer Boot Camp is a 3-day program designed to introduce students to the world of pharmacy. This informative program will allow you to explore the field of pharmacy to better consider if this is the career path you have been dreaming of so you can plan your future college studies and gear up to apply once you have completed our 67 pre-pharmacy college prerequisite credits.
Led by TCOP faculty and pharmacists working in the field, you will learn about:
- The 200+ career opportunities in pharmacy
- What it is like to be a pharmacist by experiencing hands-on pharmacy activities
- The admissions and application process
- Student life at TCOP and our 20+ vibrant student organizations
- Compounding medications in our state-of-the-art facilities including simulation rooms
- The patient care process, including how to take vital signs and you will receive CPR training and certification
TCOP will provide:
- All materials to be used for compounding, taking vital signs and CPR training/certification
- A light breakfast and lunch each day
Note: This is a commuter day program only and TCOP will not provide room, board or transportation.
To maintain an intimate class setting, the class size will be limited. All accepted students will need to submit proof of COVID vaccination and boosters.
How to apply:
- Submit a FREE online application
Application Deadline is February 1, 2024
Applicants will be notified of acceptance by March 15, 2024. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Program dates: May 28-30, 2024.
** Acceptance and participation in the Summer Boot Camp does not guarantee acceptance into the Touro College of Pharmacy Doctor of Pharmacy program.
Please direct all questions and required documents to:
Glenn Davis, Program Manager
The Pre-PharmD Summer Boot Camp is an initiative of the Touro College of Pharmacy Center of Excellence. The Center of Excellence was established as the result of an award from the federal Health and Resources Administration (HRSA) --1 D34HP45720-01-00.