Eris Cani, PharmD, BCPS, BCIDP
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Touro College of Pharmacy
- (929) 333-8361
- Three Times Square, Suite 812 New York, NY 10036
Dr. Cani's practice site will be at Bronx Lebanon hospital in the Bronx.
- Infectious Diseases
- Bachelors’ degree in Biochemistry, Temple University School of Science and Technology, PA; 2009
- PharmD, Temple University, PA; 2014
- Post Graduate Year 1 (PGY1) Einstein Medical Center in Pennsylvania
- Post Graduate Year 2 (PGY2) Infectious Diseases at SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn
Honors and Awards
- IDWeek 2016TM Program Committee Choice Award, New Orleans, LA
- Rho Chi Honor Society, Temple University School of Pharmacy, Philadelphia PA, 2011-2014
- National SMART Grant, Temple University School of Science and Technology, Philadelphia PA, 2008-2009
- Harold Kohn Scholarship, Temple University School of Science and Technology, Philadelphia PA, 2005-2009
- Cani E, Sharma R, Moy S, Yager J. The Impact of Infectious Diseases Consultations on Multi-drug Resistant Gram-negative Infections.
- Platform presentation at Infectious Diseases Society of America, IDWeek 2016, New Orleans, LA
- Ocheretyaner E, Cani E, Moy S, Sharma R. Impact of a Pharmacist Driven Microbiological Culture Surveillance as Part of an Emergency Department Antimicrobial Stewardship Service. Poster abstract presentation at American College of Clinical Pharmacy Meeting 2016, Hollywood, FL
- Cani E, DeLuca A, Knorr, J. Comparison of the Incidence of Acute Kidney Injury in Hospitalized Patients Receiving Vancomycin in Combination with Piperacillin/tazobactam or Cefepime. Platform presentation at Eastern State Conference 2015, Hershey, PA
- Cani E., Miraka, J, Patel K, Patel N, Gallagher J, Rose C. Evaluation of Protocol Adherence and Safety Monitoring of Methadone at Temple University Hospital. Poster abstract presentation at American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting 2013, Orlando, FL
- Cani.E., (2018) Carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae vertebral osteomyelitis in a renal transplant recipient treated with ceftazidime-avibactam. Transplant of Infectious Diseases. Apr;20(2):e12837. doi: 10.1111/tid.12837. Epub 2018 Feb 19
- Drug-drug interactions with antiretroviral therapy – presented to physician assistant students. SUNY Downstate Medical Center (SUNY DMC), July 2016
- Introduction to antimicrobial therapy – presented to ID fellows, residents, and students. SUNY DMC, June 2016
- HIIV medication update – continuing education (CE) presented to pharmacists. Long Island University, May 2016
- Torch Infections – presented to pharmacy staff, residents and students. SUNY DMC, April 2016
- A review on septic joint infections – presented to pharmacy staff, residents and students. SUNY DMC, March 2016
- Tenofovir alafenamide: Present and future – presented to HIV providers. NYU Lutheran Medical Center, February 2016
Dr. Cani is a member of the Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists and The American College of Clinical Pharmacy ID-PRN.
Home Cooked Heroes – Gift of Life Family House, Philadelphia PA, 2014
Exploring the city, attending social events, spending time with family and learning new languages.