Joanne Son, PharmD
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Touro College of Pharmacy
Areas of Expertise
Diabetes, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Anticoagulation, HIV
Dr. Joanne Son is currently licensed to practice pharmacy in New Jersey and New York. Her clinical practice site is located at Touro Dental Health of Touro College of Dental Medicine. Her clinical areas of interest include: anticoagulation, diabetes, and hypertension.
PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency, The Brooklyn Hospital Center, 2021-2022
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency, The Valley Hospital, 2020-2021
PharmD, St. John’s University, New York, 2020
- Evaluating the Effect of Timing on Point-of-Care (POC) Testing of INR
- Evaluation of Safety and Efficacy of Chlorthalidone 50 mg – Case Series
- Impact of Pharmacist-led Discharge Medication Reconciliation and Clinical Medication Review to Adhere to The Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification Quality Measures
- Evaluating the Effect of Timing on Point-of-Care (POC) Testing of INR. Eastern States Residency Conference; May 2022; Virtual.
- Management of Women’s Health. Continuing education lecture presented through Long Island University; Jan 7, 2022; Brooklyn, NY.
- Updates on Medication Treatment of Heart Failure. Continuing education lecture presented at New Jersey Pharmacy Association; Apr 6 2021; Virtual.
- Impact of Pharmacist Led Discharge Medication Reconciliation in Stroke Patients. Eastern States Residency Conference; Apr 28 2021; Virtual.
- Evaluation of Remdesivir Use in COVID-19 Patients in a Large Community Hospital. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2020 Midyear Clinical Meeting; Dec 10 2020; Virtual.
- Management of Lamotrigine Overdose Using Hemodialysis. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2019 Midyear Clinical Meeting; Dec 10 2019; Las Vegas, NV.
Memberships and Affiliations
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
New York State Council of Health-System Pharmacists (NYSCHP)
American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (ASHP)
PHPN 784: Pharmacotherapeutics IV
Traveling, baking, cooking, biking, hiking