Monica Douglas, PharmD
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Touro College of Pharmacy
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Douglas is from New Jersey and most recently lived in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She is excited to return to New York. Her clinical interests include diabetes, cardiovascular risk reduction, HIV management, and gender-affirming care. She is passionate about patient-centered care and building community.
PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency – University of New Mexico College of Pharmacy and Truman Health Services, 2021-2022
PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency – SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 2020-2021
Rutgers University – PharmD, 2020
- Evaluating Vaccine Hesitancy in Gender Diverse Patients
- Impact of a Pharmacist-Driven Admission Medication Reconciliation Program on Readmission and Length of Stay for Targeted High-Risk Patients
- Outpatient Antimicrobial Prescribing Patterns During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Douglas M, Moy S, Hernandez N. Impact of COVID-19 on outpatient antimicrobial prescribing patterns in New York City. Infect Dis Clin Pract. 2021; 29(6):e352-e355.
- Breastfeeding in HIV
- HIV Antiretroviral Agents
- Anticoagulation for Portal Vein Thrombosis
- SGLT-2 Inhibitors: Therapeutic Considerations in Resistant Hypertension
- Diabetes Management: Insulin and Continuous Glucose Monitoring
Memberships and Affiliations
American College of Clinical Pharmacy, American Society of Health Systems Pharmacists
- Douglas M, Aragon K, Borrego M, Jakeman B. Evaluating Vaccine Hesitancy in Gender Diverse Patients. 56th ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition; virtual. December 2021.
- Douglas M, Hernandez N, Moy S. Outpatient Antimicrobial Prescribing Patterns During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic. 55th ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition; virtual. December 2020.
Hiking, exploring new cities, trying new restaurants, spending time with friends and family