Scott Miele, PharmD
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Touro College of Pharmacy
- Three Times Square, Suite 813 New York, NY 10036
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Scott Miele is from New Jersey, and he is licensed to practice in both New Jersey and New York. His practice site is at the SBH Health System - St. Barnabas Hospital.
Clinical interests include toxicology, trauma, and stroke management.
- PGY2 Emergency Medicine Pharmacy Residency, Maimonides Medical Center, 2023
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residency, Saint Peter’s University Hospital, 2022
- University of Rhode Island, PharmD, 2021
Honors and Awards
- Saint Peter’s University Hospital Research Excellence Award
- Second Dose of Antibiotics in the Emergency Department for Patients with Sepsis
- Loading dose of Digoxin for Atrial Fibrillation with Rapid Ventricular Response
“The effectiveness of a two-dose protocol of cefepime for patients with sepsis in the emergency department” 06/2023, NYSCHP, New York, NY
“EM Rapid Review: Diltiazem versus metoprolol for atrial fibrillation with rapid ventricular rate” 01/2023, ASHP, Virtual.
“Evaluation of loading dose practice of digoxin in patients with acute kidney injury or dialysis at an acute care teaching hospital” 05/2022, Eastern States Conference, Virtual.
“Evaluation of the appropriateness of pediatric antibiotic dosing and prescribing practices at an acute care children’s hospital” 12/2021, ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Virtual.
Memberships and Affiliations
- New York State Council of Health-System Pharmacists (NYSCHP)
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
Cooking, exploring new cities, and visiting the beach