Tyler Maxwell, PharmD
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Touro College of Pharmacy
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Maxwell was originally born in Merced, California and moved to Colorado to complete his undergraduate and pharmacy education. After graduating in 2019, he concluded his move across the United States and began residency in New York. He is excited to be a part of Touro College of Pharmacy and continue working at SUNY Downstate in Infectious Diseases. His interests include Microbiology, Medical Bacteriology, and Emerging Infectious Diseases.
- PGY-2 Infectious Disease Pharmacy Practice Residency - SUNY Downstate Medical Center, NY, 2020-2021
- PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency - Stony Brook University Hospital, NY, 2019-2020
- PharmD, Regis University, CO, 2019
- Bachelor of Science – Microbiology, Colorado State University, CO, 2014
- Infection of Trisomy-21 and Disomy-21 cells and observed downstream effects.
- Evaluation of the Effectiveness and Sustainability of a Pharmacist-prompted Antibiotic Time-out Program
- Continuous infusion of Ketamine for Sedation in Mechanically Ventilated Patients Infected with SARS-CoV-2
- Outcomes and Risk Factors for Fungal Coinfections in COVID-19 Patients
- A Tale of Two Disease States: Extrapulmonary Tuberculosis vs. Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis
- Its Time to Break the Mold: Invasive Pulmonary Aspergillosis
- Treatment for Gonococcal Infections: 2020 CDC Updates
- Low Dose Intra-Catheter Antibiotics: “Locking out” the Bad Guys
- Vancomycin Monitoring: AUC-ing the way into the future
- Carbapenem-Resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae Infection
- Tick-Borne Diseases of Long Island: Prevalence and Effective Therapies
Memberships and Affiliations
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American Society of Health System Pharmacists
- Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
PHPN 835 – Seminars in Pharmacy Practice III
PHPN 722 – Comprehensive Patient Care Management
PHPN 683 – Pharmacotherapeutics III
ID Week 2021:
- Maxwell T, Kanner E, Hernandez N, et al. Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Diabetes Surrogate Markers in a Population of People Living with HIV. 2021.
- Maxwell T, Orban J, Kufel WD, et al. Comparative Outcomes Among Patients Receiving Varying Daptomycin Dosing Regimens in Hemodialysis. 2021.
In his free time, Dr. Maxwell enjoys gardening, cooking, and taking care of his husky. He also enjoys scuba diving and skiing when the occasion presents itself.