To receive graduate federal aid, you must have earned a minimum of 72 undergraduate credits prior to matriculation & be able to verify the following:


Students must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. An eligible non-citizen is defined as:

  • U.S. permanent resident with a valid Alien Registration Receipt (I-151 or I-551)
  • Conditional Permanent resident (I-151C)
  • Other eligible non-citizen with an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service.
  • Other eligible non-citizen with a Temporary Resident Card (I-688).

 Students holding only the following are not eligible for federal aid:

  • F1 or F2 student visa
  • J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa
  • G series visa (pertaining to international organizations)

Financial Aid History

We check to make sure students:

  • are not in default on a federal loan;
  • are not in overpayment status;
  • have not exceeded annual or aggregate loan limits.

Visiting the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) website at studentaid.gov and use your federal FSA ID to access your account and check your status.

Academic Enrollment

Student must be enrolled in an accredited program and meet satisfactory academic progress.

Entrance & Exit Interview

Before applying for federal aid, incoming students and first time borrowers should complete the Loan Entrance Counseling.

Students that are graduating, withdrawing, or dropping below half-time enrollment must complete the Exit Counseling at www.studentloans.gov.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

In accordance with Federal and State guidelines, students receiving aid must maintain satisfactory academic progress as established by Touro College of Pharmacy.

Standards of Progress

Students must complete at least 66.6667% of their attempted credits and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA each semester in which they receive financial aid. To remain eligible for aid, students must be on track to complete their medical school education within six years. Failure to meet these standards will result in financial aid suspension for the upcoming semester. Students whose aid is suspended are allowed to appeal. Contact the Financial Aid Office for information on the appeals process. We verify enrollment prior to fund disbursements, and review academic records at the end of each semester to determine students satisfactory progress.