Assistant Dean of Admissions and Enrollment Management
Center of Excellence Recruitment Director
Touro College of Pharmacy
Prior to joining Touro in 2014, Heidi Fuchs spent five years in undergraduate admissions management for three Yeshiva University schools. Previously, for 26 years, she was a vice president and recruiter for Merit Consulting, one of the most respected employment service firms in the tri-state area.
Heidi is a Touro College graduate who attended New York University’s Graduate School of Education, Nursing, Health and Arts Professions. She has served in various communal and civic roles, including as chair of the Teaneck Board of Ethics; a member of the Civilian Complaint Review Board of Teaneck; vice president of the Jewish Community Relations Council of Teaneck; and community coordinator for Holy Name Hospital Center for Healthy Living Women’s Health Symposium.
Heidi serves as a member of Touro University's Student Support Services group within the Middle States Self-Study team. She serves as a Mentor in the AACP Student Services Mentorship Program, was Chair of the AACP Pharm4Me Champions Advisory Committee, the AACP Communications Committee, and the Women’s Leadership Circle. In 2018 Heidi was selected by the US Navy Medical Recruiting Command as an Educator to Sea Distinguished Visitor. Additionally, she is a member of the Lehman College Pre-Health Advisory Board, the Farmingdale State College Bioscience Program Advisory Board, and serves as a CVS Express Scripts Scholars Program Reviewer.
- New York University School of Education, Nursing, Health and Arts Professions
- Touro College, B.S.
Honors and Awards
Touro College of Pharmacy Service Award recipient, 2021
- Multi-pronged Strategy for Diversity and Inclusion: AACP INclusion 2021
- Developing Relationships Between Prehealth Advisors & Pharmacy Admissions Officers, AACP webinar 2022
- Recruiting During a Pandemic: ACRAO 2022 Spring Conference
- Touro College Admissions Summit
- Recruitment Strategies in a Competitive Marketplace, Spring 2022
- Establishing an Admissions Student Ambassador Program (ASAP), Fall 2021
- Recruiting During a Pandemic
- Linkage/Articulation Agreements and Expanding your Recruitment Initiatives
- Gender Relationships in the Workplace: Presented to TCOP Leadership elective class
- Ten Tips for your Professional School Interview: National webinar for prehealth advisors
- Admissions Q&A: Pharm4Me national campaign
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- Admissions Workshop Advisory Committee Member
- Pharm4Me Champions Advisory Committee Chair
- Communications Committee Member
- Student Services Mentor
- Women's Leadership Committee Member
- CVS Express Scripts Scholars Program Reviewer
- Touro College Academy of Leadership and Management, Class of 2021
- The New Jersey - New York Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (NJNYACRAO), Steering Committee member
- Touro Global, International Student Task Force, contributing member
- NAMME (National Association of Medical Minority Educators) member
- Lehman College Pre-Health Advisory Board
- Farmingdale State College Bioscience Program Advisory Board
- US Navy Medical Recruiting Command, Educator to Sea Distinguished Visitor
- Touro University Middle States Self-Study team, Student Support Services Group member
- Touro College of Pharmacy Strategic Planning Committee member
- Touro College of Pharmacy Professional Identity Formation Task Force member
- National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions (NAAHP) Patron Task Force member
Time with family, completing (not competing) marathons, podcasts, cooking, reading, and one day, stand-up comedy.