At Touro College of Pharmacy, we know that mental health and wellness are integral for your academic success. To help you navigate mental health challenges, TCOP has Abigail Bryskin, LCSW-R, a dedicated mental health professional available to assist pharmacy students. Abigail is uniquely aware of the challenges faced by pharmacy students and is an excellent and valuable resource.
- Free and confidential support either in person, via zoom, or by phone
- Ongoing or acute supportive counseling.
- Common challenges addressed include stress management, time management, test and general anxiety, relationship difficulties, family stressors, sadness/depression, substance abuse.
- Referrals to external providers if necessary.
- Workshops for pharmacy students and faculty on mental health and wellness topics
To schedule a meeting or if you have any questions, please contact:
Department of Student Mental Health Services for Touro University
Another option available to students is the Health Advocate Student Assistance Program. Students can reach out to Health Advocate in the event of needing a mental health professional to speak to outside of business hours. This is a free service that assists Touro students in connecting with licensed clinicians.
Health Advocate clinicians provide:
- Licensed professional counselors who are available to talk to students 24/7.
- Up to three free sessions with a licensed professional counselor
- Referrals for long term treatment
- Assistance with a variety of school/life issues and/or other issues such as housing, elder care, and child care.
Reach out to Health Advocate