At Touro College of Pharmacy, we know that mental health and wellness are integral for your academic success. To help you navigate mental health challenges, TCOP has Abigail Bryskin, LCSW-R, a dedicated mental health professional available to assist pharmacy students. Abigail is uniquely aware of the challenges faced by pharmacy students and is an excellent and valuable resource.
- Free and confidential support either in person, via zoom, or by phone
- Ongoing or acute supportive counseling.
- Common challenges addressed include stress management, time management, test and general anxiety, relationship difficulties, family stressors, sadness/depression, substance abuse.
- Referrals to external providers if necessary.
- Workshops for pharmacy students and faculty on mental health and wellness topics
To schedule a meeting or if you have any questions, please contact:
Department of Student Mental Health Services for Touro University
For counseling and referral services, please reach out to the department by email or phone to: firstname.lastname@example.org, 646-565-6115
Another option available to students is the Health Advocate Student Assistance Program. Students can reach out to Health Advocate in the event of needing a mental health professional to speak to outside of business hours. This is a free service that assists Touro students in connecting with licensed clinicians.
Health Advocate clinicians provide:
- Licensed professional counselors who are available to talk to students 24/7.
- Up to three free sessions with a licensed professional counselor
- Referrals for long term treatment
- Assistance with a variety of school/life issues and/or other issues such as housing, elder care, and child care.
Reach out to Health Advocate