Our Mission and Vision
We are guided by our mission & vision, in educating our students to be caring and competent pharmacists and active community leaders.
The mission of Touro College of Pharmacy is to develop the next generation of pharmacists vested in promoting wellness, especially among the underserved populations in NYC and beyond. We are committed to contributing to scientific knowledge and expanding the roles and competencies of the profession, toward improving patient-centered care processes and outcomes. We will inspire and educate ethical leaders in pharmacy through a collegial culture, scholarship, and experiential opportunities and will strive for diversity in our student body, faculty and staff.
Critical Factors for Success:
- Preparing students to be personally and professionally successful and to become agents of change.
- Attracting and retaining a diversity of high-quality students/future pharmacists, faculty, and staff.
- Providing hands-on interprofessional experiences.
- Promoting research productivity and continuing to invest in research infrastructure to enhance contributions to scientific knowledge.
- Capitalizing on our unique location in New York City and its multicultural patient population.
- Preparing students to be change agents for promoting wellness and disease prevention among underserved populations.
- Establishing partnerships, collaborations, and strategic alliances to advance our mission.
In keeping with the core values of Touro University, dedicated to strengthening the Jewish heritage and serving humanity, we envision educating and inspiring students to become compassionate, influential pharmacist-practitioners and leaders who capitalize on their diverse, real-world experiences to improve health nationally and globally.
- Students will become pharmacist leaders, role models, and agents of change in the profession.
- Pharmacy students will be prepared with enhanced clinical and experiential education to pursue careers in a broad array of settings of their choice.
- Our culture of professionalism, service, community engagement, collegiality, and interdisciplinary collaboration will be advanced.
- An elective research curricular track will provide specialized, applied training opportunities that allow students to offer meaningful contributions to the practice of pharmacy.